WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Me-now-views; a gradual return

Regular visitors will recall that Tuesday's were my Less Speak More Peek days, but things have gone a wee tad awry due to "intercontinental drift".  Or something.

Never mind.  Whilst I am still technically in transition until I find the permanent 'cave', things are at least semi-stable now and I can start to sort myself out again on matters of blogging.  I will return to linking up  after the new year, but at least some of the familiar titles and pages will return...gradually.  Meanwhile, am still on the "this is my life!" trail and today I would like to share another glimpse into the fabby meal we shared (look back at Saturday's post), plus glimpses of the village where Aitch and Lady Vicki live.

copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
This was my meal choice at 

The Veggie Red Lion.

I started with baked camembert and beetroot jam and salad accompanied by light and fluffy sourdough breads. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was a meal in itself.  It was lighter than you'd think though and this was the perfect thing to follow; South Indian-style parsnip and egg-plant curry, with kidney and butter beans. Slurp!
copyright Yamini Ali MacLean


Our Friend's father had the lentil cottage pie with mixed steam veg.

He certainly appeared to enjoy it and there was nothing left on that dish by the end!






copyright Yamini Ali MacLean



Whilst Our Friend and Aitch took the mushroom wellington, shared the veges and Aitch had the home-made chips.

The three of them indulged in sweets of some substance after.  I stuck to a pot of tea.



To say it was fabulous is an understatement.  





copyright Yamini Ali MacLean













Some parts of the building date back to the 1500's if memory serves me... (Aitch will correct if wrong!)

On the drive back, late afternoon and impending darkness looming, Aitch dropped me off half a mile from home so that I could make these shots.

copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
















copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
















copyright Yamini Ali MacLean
















Flint buildings are very common in East Anglia and Aitch advised me that the Suffolk and Norfolk houses can be told apart by the way the flint has been laid.  Without going into heaps of research, I trust her on that one!  Of course, the rendered walls and thatched rooves are very traditional and rather 'hobbity'.  Delightful!

In the gloaming, the Church loomed large through the trees...

copyright Yamini Ali MacLean

10 comments:

  1. Flint! Who knew? Well, obviously you and Aitch and at least a few others.
    Love the thatch.
    And the church looming in the gloaming is a beautiful shot, the trees arching overhead in a lovely church-window sort of shape.
    I haven't been up to much, but my head is constantly busy with redecorating plans.
    Lindy has her new 32x32-inch ottoman between our two recliners, so I no longer worry about her falling off. It's a tiny bit higher than her previous seat, so it took her a few ups and downs of it to get into the rhythm.
    Her blindness really is much harder on me than it is on her. She didn't ask for a new ottoman, but I feel so much better now that she is in less danger of falling. She has one deformed vertebra in her lower spine, and I worry about it.
    Such an old mother I am!
    Glad you and Aitch are having a lovely time. Hugs to Lady Vicki from me and from Lindy.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took loads of lovely pics, mum keeps ohhing and ahhing, I just want to sleep after having my tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal was treat enough in itself. Then again, so was the walk home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Kay - oh I didn't think of that...nature's stained glass window!! Lucky Lindy too &*>

    LV - sorry you are being disturbed by mum's chirruping. It'll be quiet again soon...

    Joanne - I needed that walk to help the meal down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal looks delicious hope you enjoyed it, those houses look so quaint, I have lived all my life in London so am used to being in the centre so being somewhere like that would be great for me ;-)

    Have a tanfastic week and welcome back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely meal that you had. It has been a while since I have seen pictures of thatch roofs.. the place looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely shots!! And the meal oh that looks delicious, I hope it tasted as good as it looks...
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic set of pics and love the title

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Yamini, love the food pics, getting hungry and it's breakfast time for me. Must dig into some fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know East Anglia at all but love the architecture you show us here. As for the meal, I often choose the veggie option in pubs as vegetarian food has improved out of all recognition in recent years.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏