WYSIWYG

What You See Is What You Get. This is a journal blog, an explore-blog, a bit of this and that blog. Sharing where the mood takes me. Perhaps it will take you too.

Menootanabootagain - the Northern Explorer

After our evening meal, Mac3 (the brother) decided he wanted to stay at the cottage and rest, so the the father, Mac1 and Mac2 and myself piled into Little Ren to drive the ten minutes down into the local 'big toon' of Dornoch. Will tell you more about the place in another post, but for today let it be seen that the trip was specifically to see and listen to the first of the summer season for the pipe band and dancers.

It was, of course, raining...







































Despite the climate, there was a goodly crowd with a mixture of both locals and tourists and the collection buckets were sounding like they may have gathered a reasonable sum.

As you will hear from the video (excuse the camera-wummin's shaky hands; but was juggling walking sticks and brollies too!), the band was of a fair standard and the dancers did their best in somewhat trying circumstances - the lass doing the hornpipe was excellent... sadly the Fudge ran out of battery power, sufficient to film, before her turn.

It was an hour well-spent and we were all ready for bed when we tumbled back (after a wee turn around the sheep-tracks home).


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness YaYa what a wonderful and entertaining post. I have always enjoyed bag pipes. I love the music on Sw. Wills too.
    There were bag pipes in the band at N. C. State University. I always looked forward to homecoming weekend. The band would march from their headquarters through campus to Riddick Stadium. Sometimes they played on Employee appreciation day too. What a thrill to hear them coming before we saw them
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd get plenty wet to listen to a pipe band. I think the little girl is a green vest is wearing my dad's plaid" Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't what it is I could listen to bag pipe music all day...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoe great... and even Phenny loved the video, he even furgot to bug me for treats... hope we haven't to buy a bagpipe now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. A typical Scottish summer event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luffs that the rain doesn't put anyone off!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some regions on this planet where if rain puts you off, you never get to do or see anything! Where I live is one, where you live/went another. Hope the weather did clear up for the rest of your stay there though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I love the bagpipe music and the dancing. Looks like a fun event. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, rain!!! We've had a dump over the past day.
    My laundry is having a good rinse!

    I adore the kilts, and the colours, and the lassies! What a rippin' trip!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiry and debate are encouraged.
Be grown-ups, please, and play nice.
🙏